Go to top of page
2 July 2021
Alice Springs and Darwin Local Courts:
- Business as usual will commence from 5 July 2021. However the circuit courts for next week will still be cancelled. Circuit Courts will recommence as per the normal court calendar the week commencing 12 July.
- On Country bail applications will continue at least for the week.
- All Courthouses have QR codes and all entrants to the court precincts will need to either check in by QR code or write down their details. This includes all members of the public, legal practitioners, defendants and witnesses. Current advice is that you must check in each time you enter the building.
- Masks should be worn within the building and when unable to physically distance. You may remove your mask if addressing the Court.
- The only people physically present will be those in custody for a hearing and first appearances in custody (if there is sufficient room).
- For the week commencing 5 July 2021 only, all people in custody for Directions Hearings and Preliminary Examination mentions will be excused (unless they are not represented by Counsel).
- Should Counsel (for covid reasons) wish to appear next week by video, the appearance slip should be filled in and forwarded as soon as possible to the relevant registry. Virtual Appearance Slip | NT Local Courts
- A process to manage the delayed Darwin contested matters, as well as hearings from the cancelled circuit courts, will be advised to the relevant stakeholders.